Quite rightly! Seriously this chair was kind of fugly when I bought it but it was comfortable and looked like it’d be easy to update. OK, also it was dirt cheap. In fact, it might have been cheaper than dirt! Anyway, you all (patient, lovely people aren’t you?) know how long it has taken me to get this chair together but there is an AFTER (at last) for this BEFORE.
You can see my progress report here. I broke down and bought a staple gun. I spray painted the frame yesterday in Krylon’s Satin Nickel. It’s really pretty. Stapling the fabric was a two man job (thanks Kirsten Marino-DeShields!) but it got done. I forgot to staple the fabric from the back on the outside pieces so you can see the wonky staples. I decided I’m going to hot glue some yellow ribbon over it.
Whooo! I’m so glad that I got this project finished. It has been a longer process than expected… but a rewarding one!
Have a great Wednesday everyone and enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Thanks, Michelle! It took about 12 hours in total to knock it out yesterday (with a shopping trip included) but it was totally worth it. I think I have the DIY bug now!